The Postsecondary Success Initiative
PRODUCTS & TOOLS
As a result of its work as an intermediary on the PSI, NYEC has created several publications and presentations, as well as tools for the use of the sites. Please click on product name to download.
Promoting Postsecondary Success of Court-Involved Youth: Lessons from the NYEC Postsecondary Success Pilot: NYEC is pleased to is pleased to announce its newest publication, Promoting Postsecondary Success of Court-Involved Youth: Lessons from the NYEC Postsecondary Success Pilot. Promoting Postsecondary Success of Court-Involved Youth is based on in-depth interviews with seven PSI sites that work with court-involved students as part of their PSI programs. The paper includes an overview of relevant research, highlights practices that were implemented by the PSI sites to support postsecondary access and success of court-involved students, and provides recommendations for practice and policy and systems change.
Other Presentations and Publications: In the third year of the Initiative, NYEC is continuing to develop additional briefs and presentations in order to disseminate the outcomes from the PSI to the broader NYEC membership as well as the national audiences in order to build the national movement towards postsecondary access and success of disconnected youth.
Selected Presentations and Publications for NYEC Membership and National Audiences:
- PSI at NYEC: Lessons Learned and Promising Practices. Presentation at The Corps Network 2013 National Conference, C3: Corps, Community, Change. Washington, D.C., February 11, 2013. Co-presented with Los Angeles Conservation Corps.
- Supporting Opportunity Youth Towards College Completion: Lessons Learned from NYEC's PSI. Presentation at the California Workforce Association 2013 Youth Employment Conference, Defy the Predictable. Garden Grove, CA, January 16, 2013. Co-presented with Los Angeles Conservation Corps.
- NYEC PSI Working Group Launch presentation. NYEC 2012 Members Forum, San Diego, CA, March 23, 2012.
- PSI Profiles of Participating Sites booklet provides an overview of each site's model, as well as student demographic data, outcomes and successes, promising practices, and student success stories as of 2012.
Selected Internal Webinars and Presentations:
Welcome to the Portfolio. An overview of the PSI for the new sites. May 2011.
Data Presentation: Outcomes and Improvement Planning. Presentation at the NYEC PSI Convening July 18, 2012.
Learning from Interim Reports. PSI webinar, March 2012.
NYEC has established reporting requirements and data collection protocols in order to track progress towards PSI goals and outcomes in the areas of program implementation, student retention and completion, and systems change.Selected Reporting Tools: NYEC has established reporting requirements to track progress towards desired PSI outcomes. These reporting tools support our efforts in tracking the PSI sites' progress, capturing the nature of work at each PSI site, identifying promising practices in engaging disconnected youth onto postsecondary pathways, and identifying challenges and opportunities for practice improvements and systems change.
Selected Data Tools: Brandeis University, in collaboration with partners NYEC, JFF, and YouthBuild USA, have developed and implemented a common reporting system across the Initiative and have created data reporting tools and guidelines for the use of the PSI sites in order to collect quality data on the Initiative.
- Data Reporting System Update presentation
For more information about the PSI, please contact Yelena Nemoy at firstname.lastname@example.org.